Monday, September 1, 2008

ACL surgery - day 13 Monday

Today is labor day, and Nathan has to work. He had to take off 2 hours on Friday to take the dog to the vet because of his ear infection and he has to take off most of the afternoon tomorrow to take me to the cardiologist. I was dreading sitting at home all day while I knew that others would be out at spending their day off at the beach.

I contacted Michelle and Mark and they were so kind to have me sit on their couch during the day even though they were preparing for a picnic and taking care of Camden. Nathan packed me up a bag full of all the things I need during the day. I also came with a cooler full of ice and my little cooler cuff machine. It was like I was moving in!

I had a lot of fun watching Camden. He wasn't so much into me holding him because I was stationary and he likes to move. But I did get to play with him a little bit and just watch him. I also had some good conversation with Michelle and Mark. Towards the end of the day I even got up and moved to the kitchen and helped chop up figs. We had bought a ton of figs at Costco that Saturday and we contributed figs for a salad and a fig pesto. It was yummy, although Mark and Michelle did the brunt of the work for both of these dishes.

The picnic was nice, and we were joined by Nathan, Andy, Laurel, and Christian. Michelle and Mark made beer can chicken, the best homemade bread ever, and banana ice cream. We had shrimp, fig pesto, and spinach artichoke dip for apps and pasta and potato salad with the fig salad for dinner. Yum! This made me get an appetite back. Here's a pic of Christian holding Camden while we were outside playing ladder golf:
Today was a great day, indeed!

No comments: