Wednesday, September 3, 2008

ACL surgery - day 15 Wednesday

Today was like so many other days - boring.
These days are starting to run together... so I've decided to write highlights. You know the day is boring when two of the highlights are meals that most people have every day.

1. Had lunch outside on the porch with Nathan. The weather was beautiful! I tried a new soup from Trader Joe's the apple butternut squash. Very tasty.

2. Tried to start back at work. I've been thinking about work and so I thought it was time to start back since I was off my narcotics and my head was a little clear. I wrote a couple of emails, signed onto my computer at work, and chatted with Kyle via Google chat. I moved a few files around... and this took almost all afternoon. What I did should have only taken 15 - 20 minutes. I could not concentrate. I even forgot how to log onto my computer... It's only been 15 days! I really need to get going because not this coming weekend, but the weekend after, we have the Genetics Department retreat at Atlantic Beach where I have to present a poster. It is only to the department so I'm not stressed. But I still need to get something together!

3. We cooked dinner (1st time in a while). Tuna tacos - yum! I say "we" because I helped slice up the onions and peppers before my leg started hurting. We ate outside again. I love fall weather here! I think Nathan doesn't like cooking when I can't help because we usually cook together. I also think he likes using my leg as an excuse to get out and eat at different restaurants. Going out to eat is a good way to get out of the house in the evening too.

4. We went over to Michelle and Mark's to pick up some stuff we had left at their house on Monday. While this visit was only for about 5 minutes, it meant I got to get out of the house, and I got to see little Camden!

5. I walked around Kroger and people stared at me. This is the first time I have gotten so many stares... it was weird. Do I look like the Bionic Woman? The security guard offered the jazzy, but I am through with those! I needed to just walk around a little while Nathan picked up ice, yogurt, and prune juice... my new favorite juice since I've been on narcotics - you get the picture.

6. I did PT. It went well. I am able to do many of the moves by myself, which is nice for me and for Nathan because he doesn't have to assist me for ~45 minutes of the evening.

7. I took a shower by myself! I even got in the shower without assistance. Nathan did, however, help me get out. I am afraid that I will slip with my wet feet.

No comments: