Tuesday, September 2, 2008

ACL surgery - day 14 Tuesday

Today was a big day! I had two appointments which meant I spent a lot of my day outside of the house.

It started off with an 8am PT appointment. We schedule them early so Nathan can get me there and home and then be at work at a reasonable hour. Today was so much different then just one week prior. I was able to dress myself, with only Nathan helping me with my sock and shoe on my bad leg. I even grabbed my own breakfast and crammed it in my pocket. The week before I was very helpless.

PT went really well. I am making progress, but was told to expect things to go slowly. The big news is that I can pretend to walk normally because they changed my brace so it bends 70*. I am pretty good at walking with my crutches. We came home and I was so tired. I took a nap and watched some TV while Nathan went to work for a few hours.

Around 2, Nathan came home to take me to my cardiology appointment. When I made the appointment I was so surprised that I could see Dr. Blazing so soon! Before when I have seen him it has taken several months to get into the office. We went to talk about why I had so many complications after the surgery and if this is to be expect if I were to have any other surgeries or stresses on my body. All in all it was a good appointment. I really felt like the doctors listened to what I had to say and I didn't feel like I was rushing them, which is so often the case when you go to the doctor.

After my appointment we headed over to Old Navy and World Market and I used some gift cards that I had from God only knows when... Unfortunately I can't wear any of the clothes for a while because my outfits consist of athletic shorts (to fit over my brace) - none of those cute shirts match Carolina blue.

On our way home Nathan suggested we go to Guglhupf and get take out. What a great suggestion! We had the roasted beet sandwhich with blue cheese and a side of German potato salad, cold leak and potato soup, and the scallop nicoise salad. All were very very tasty! - I want to give a shout out to Naomi for her gift of several nights out!

What a long afternoon! I took a nap on the couch and later that evening I got up on our kitchen counter and started doing some of the PT moves that I had learned that morning. Some of them required my leg hanging off and that was not possible on the extra soft bed or couch. Nathan cleaned off the counter and it looked like the PT bed... just a little harder. Here is me on the counter:

No comments: