Sunday, August 31, 2008

ACL surgery - day 12 Sunday

The crip can settle!

This morning Nathan and I got to sleep in! I listened to NPR while Nathan snoozed. He went to manball (basketball with men) from 11 to 1 while I sat on my couch. When he came home I had what I termed the "Ellisfield blues". I have been home for only a week and I am tired of being at home all the time. I am tired of not being me. I consider myself very independent, but I can't do much for myself and this is really frustrating. Nathan let me cry a little and then he was loving enough to suggest a thousand things for us to do until I decided what I wanted. We went for some coffee and then out to eat. Afterwards, Erin and Keith were kind enough to invite us over to play some games.

For dinner we went to Rockwood Filling Station, a new pizzaria in Durham. (side note: I love Durham and all the great places to eat!) We had the antipasta plate which features a great deviled egg, a yummy cheese, a roasted garlic head (delicious but bad for the breath), and other Italian specialty meats and salads. We also had the eggplant pizza. Then we headed over to Carrboro to be the first visitors to Erin and Keith's apartment. We talked for a while, catching up on the happenings of the new teachers and then we moved to the dinning room table to settle into our favorite game of Settlers of Catan. At first it looked like Erin may be taking a lead. Then it was Keith and Nathan's turn to lead. No one was keeping an eye out for me and I came from behind and won! Go gimp!

No comments: