Friday, August 29, 2008

ACL surgery - day 10 Friday

I've been meaning to write a blog post ever day out of surgery, but the pain pills have made me a little loopy and I find that when I spend more than five minutes in front of the computer I start to fall asleep. I'm going to try to work backwards: first tackle today and then go backwards with many days as I can before my eyelids drop.

Today has been like many of the other days this week. Nathan got up and got ready for work, then he spent 15 minutes helping me get ready to live on the couch for the day. We moved my leg-wrap-cooler, pillows, covers, computer, socks, and pills. He filled my leg-wrap-cooler up with ice for the day, and set the cooler up so that I could empty the melted water into a bowl and fill it up with ice from a mini cooler where I stored my breakfast and my protein shake. It is so heavy that I can't carry it from the kitchen to the living room by myself.

Today no one is visiting me for lunch so Nathan planned on coming home at lunch, however around 11 I started noticing that Pancake was itching his left ear. His ears are usually perky, but his left ear was droopy and he kept itching it. I had him come over towards the couch and it was really red. I think he has an ear infection. I called his doctor and they said he could come in at 3. So instead of eating lunch with me, Nathan has to take Pancake to the doctor. He was not excited to add this task on top of all the other things he has to do.

While sitting on the couch I started to notice that the outside underneath of my knee was killing me. I twisted myself so that I could see it, and realized I have a GIANT bruise there. Nathan has been seeing my leg while helping me shower and doing PT, but he thought I knew this was there. It was shocking! Here is a picture. To orient yourself: the blue thing on the right is my sock, the round undefined thing on the top middle is my knee, the blinding white thing on the left is my ghostly thigh, and the yellow-purple thing in the bottom middle is the nasty bruise.
I do have something to look forward to. Tonight Sarah and Ben are coming over bringing dinner! We are having Shepard's pie - yumm.

We have to think of something to do this weekend. Maybe I can go to the mall and ride a jazzy! Michelle mentioned doing some sewing. It would also be nice to something outside if it's not too hot. We'll see.

No comments: