Sunday, August 24, 2008

ACL surgery - day 5 Sunday

Today was my first whole day home. Nathan and mom got to sleep in while I was still on the hospital schedule and woke up at 7am. I listened to my ipod while they slept. When mom got up I used the walkie talkies and had her come to help me out of bed. She assisted my move to the couch and fixed me breakfast of steel cut oats and coffee; my appetite was slowly getting back to normal. My pain was under control, and I was quite comfortable.

Around 10, I made mom wake up Nathan. I was really in the mood to take a real shower! As the last time my hair had been washed was Wednesday morning. Needless to say it was looking gross! Mom had brought all her paraphernalia from when she had her total knee replacement so we made good use of these products. We arranged my leg so it was propped out of the shower on the shower stool. We used the uplifted toilet in the shower because it had handles and was more like a chair. Nathan had installed a hand held shower nozzle which was perfect! He got in the shower and helped me. I ended up washing my hair twice because it felt so dirty. After this I felt 100% better! I lounged on the bed napping while catching up on some NPR.

Later that afternoon Michelle, Mark, and Camden came over for a visit. I was feeling some Camden withdrawal and my mom had never met him. He was so good! and entertained himself on the play mat that my sister gave us as a hand-me-down.



Big smile!

We had banana peppers stuffed with a mix of cream cheese, spinach, and mushrooms in addition to salmon for dinner. My mom brought us tons of banana peppers and this is a good way to consume them. I ended the evening by watching the Olympic closing ceremony. I became a little loopy by 9ish and my mom and Nathan sent me to bed. Loopy consisted of me thinking thoughts clearly in my head, but nothing coherent coming out of my mouth.

No comments: