Sunday, September 12, 2010

Babies of the 80's


 
 

My mom saved a few of my outfits from when I was a baby, and when I get bored I dress Elizabeth up in them and take her picture.  

Most of the outfits are completely unpractical - for instance the pink sleeper only has buttons up the back with no access to the legs and diaper region.  I can only imagine that being a very unplesant and time consuming middle of the night for my mom. However, the design of the little greenish/blue onesey should be duplicated for modern times.  The flap that goes around her bottom comes up and snaps on her belly.  There are multiple places you can snap it meaning she can wear as she gets longer.  Unfortunately, it is not the cutest of the bunch, so she doesn't wear it too often.  The top outfit makes her look like she should be out on the prairie. I just love that hat. But she didn't - I have several pictures of her trying to take it off, however it is a good design and she couldn't get it to budge!

We have a few more outfits to get her into and I'll make sure to take a photo.  Good thing they are baby outfits, because I can just hear her now saying "mom this is ridiculous!"  I have to admit they are pretty ridiculous, but they're pretty darn cute too!

No comments: