Wednesday, October 20, 2010

#2 Happy Birthday Banner

While thinking about what I want to do for Elizabeth's 1 year birthday, I decided I wanted to make a banner to hang from the wall like these. I've seen a few other people do it, but I swear, I've been thinking about doing it for a while :)  I guess these are the new "in" things for birthday parties.

I had all the materials - my trusty box of fabric, Steam a Seem to fuse the letters onto the flags, and ribbon.  My sewing machine has been broken since early August, and this was a great inspiration to go get the part so I could start sewing again.  Twenty-five dollars later, I had a functioning sewing machine and starting cutting out the flags.  I ironed the ribbon in half and sewed the flags to it.  I cut out the letters and ironed them on.  I was trying to get it done yesterday, because today is Nathan's birthday and I hung it up last night after he went to bed to celebrate.  I'm a little disappointed at how the H and the Y flags look with the letters; I was hoping they would stand out more... oh well. You can still read it, and I think it looks cute.



These were two great projects to start out with.  They were very easy and quick which just inspires me to do more!  Any suggestions for my next "act of 30"?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the Birthday Banner! Looks Great!

Unknown said...

Oooh, I dig this, Amanda! I had actually thought about making pennants for the ceremony as decoration but ran out of time. Nice project!