Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cooking...? Baking...?


Snow Cream!


As a kid we used to make snow cream, a combination of clean fresh snow (only to be collected when the wind is not too bad so there is not extra fiber included), evaporated milk, sugar, and vanilla. You can substitute sweetened condensed milk for the evaporated milk and sugar or just use cream. With all the predicted snow, on Friday night I put out a bowl to collect the quintessential ingredient.

Saturday morning I had more than enough snow! By 11am I couldn't wait any longer and had to make it. I can't believe how good it tasted (just like ice cream), but maybe this had to do with the fact that I had not had it since I was a kid and memories sometime make food taste better. I can't wait for Elizabeth to try it... the way it snows around here, though, she may have to wait until she is 5!

No comments: