Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend: Pros and Cons

I am taking a line from my friend Laurel's blog. She is way more personal and conversational with her writing and I am going to try her style for a few posts and see how I like it. I also love her weekend pro and cons posts so this may or may not be a weekly addition. It also reminds me of the High/Low from Keith and the Girl (a daily podcast). Keith and Chemda always recap their day with the what was the best and the worst event/thing of the day... let's recap the weekend:

Pro: Dain's place and Nathan's return (see post below). I hate it when Nathan is gone and was really excited to hear about his first trip to New Orleans.

Pro: Finishing The Beak of the Finch! Saturday morning I had a lovely relaxing breakfast and sat out on our back porch and read. Pro #2 Humidity was low and the temperature was perfect! I'll post a review of the book later.

Con: Shopping at Costco on Saturday. There were thousands of people! and the lines were ten deep... but I made it out with all the things I wanted.
Pro: One of the things I wanted was Mario cart! I love love love this game and it even comes with a wheel.

Con: P.F. Chang's was too busy - a 30 minute wait.
Pro: Because of this, we went to Ted's Montana grill and had a bison burger and baked sweet potato. Yummy!

Pro: Bought hiking poles for the Galapagos, BPA free water bottles, and a new bike seat for me!

Pro: My lab came over for a picnic. Karen brought baby Adam - He's too cute! And he did not even cry. We introduced more people to ladder golf. And had a good lab bonding time.
Con: It rained - It poured! We had to go inside, but we played Wii and everyone loved it!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

i like the pro/con lists--so clever! sort of hate i didn't think of it first. but seriously, what's the beak of the finch?!

Kage said...

another con was my continuing quest for 300 in Wii bowling.