Saturday, June 7, 2008

Chinese food and a big basket

Last Saturday we tried a Chinese restaurant that had pretty good reviews, China Palace. We tend not to do Chinese food since Nathan is such a good Chinese cook, but with a review like: "I've just discovered one of the best Chinese restaurants in the Triangle, and I'm kicking myself," we thought we would try it.

The decor was a little on the barren side, but aside from aesthetics, we ordered three dishes that were recommended in the N&O article to share (and then to take home and have for two more meals! They gave us lots of food.) 1. The ohn choy with beef, the delicate leafy green that goes by the English name of water spinach. 2. Chinese broccoli in oyster sauce and 3. Wide rice noodles (ha fun) with beef.

I really enjoyed the meal and the veggies were really fresh, tender yet crispy. Nathan had other opinions. He had a much higher bar than I did for Chinese food and thought that each dish needed more flavor. I would go back. He said he would too, but would probably order something spicy.

After our delicious dinner, we trekked over to South Point where we looked at light fixtures and mirrors at Restoration Hardware. I have been dead set on redoing our bathroom. And since we have decided that we are not moving from our current house for sometime it makes sense for me to go ahead and try my hand at home decorating. We decided on the Dillon collection (see picture). But only the lights and mirrors seemed resonablly priced, so we went to Home Goods - the TJ Maxx of all things home- to try to find the other hardware things for the bathroom. We found a towel rack and a robe holder that matched the style of the light fixtures. We also found this:
THE LARGEST BASKET IN THE WORLD!

Can anyone tell me what the heck you would use this basket for? Really, you could put several reasonably sized men inside here! I can't remember how much it cost, but you can probably guess that it was on clearance!

No comments: