Saturday, June 7, 2008

Heather's baby shower

So all my friends are pregnant (or already with child) and I am starting to feel a little alienated! Really, I am not kidding! Well maybe I am kidding a little, but I can count on one hand the number of women who I hang out with here in Durham that are not pregnant. As you would image, this makes for lots of baby showers and lots of opportunity to sew and buy really cute things.

On Saturday I went to my friend's Heather and Jeff's baby shower. They are having a little boy and he is due July 3rd. We had a light lunch of chicken salad, fruit, and pasta salad. And then went straight into the age ol' baby shower game of guess how big Heather's gut is using toilet paper. Most people guessed between 13 and 16 squares... Heather was only 11! (or maybe 12, I can't remember but we will give her the benefit of the doubt and go with 11). Here is a picture of Heather.

After that she opened presents. Then we moved onto my favorite part of the afternoon, painting oneses. The hosts had bought all different sized ones and had provided stencils, paint, and painting utensils. Lots of people did the frog stencil, but I went free hand and did a little whale and elephant. Heather out did herself with an orange guitar with shading. She entitled her masterpiece Guitar Hero. This was such a great idea!



I am finding that I am starting to get my baby fill with Camden, but with more babies on the way I can offer up my babysitting or just holding skills and hopefully stave off those late twenty motherly urges until after I finish school and find a job.

No comments: