Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Contemporary Science Center



This is a short video giving you some insight into the Contemporary Science Center.  I am currently working here as an educator.  Over the last few months I have been training and learning the ropes, and in January I start teaching full-time filling in for the current education director (Alice, seen in the video) while she is on maternity leave.  I have really enjoyed my experience there so far and think that it is a great organization.  The goal of the Center is to present an authentic experience in real science through day long field studies developed in collaboration with a local bio-tech or pharmaceutical company.  During these field-trips students follow the narrative arc of solving a problem that the companies are currently facing like developing a drug or combating crop destruction by the corn root-worm through genetically modifying corn.

No comments: