Wednesday, December 22, 2010

#9 The Girl with the Pearl Earring

Book #2!  Just finished this book for my book club.  While I usually enjoy more modern fiction, I was captivated by this historical novel of a maid and her life working in a painter's house in 17th century Holland.  I'm not too keen on writing book reports, so I will not use this blog to summarize the book (there are far too many already on the web).  However, I would recommend it if you are looking for a quick read.  I would also recommend checking out the book's website to view the actual paintings that are described in the book.  I imagined them while reading and then was able to see what Vermeer actually produced.
I was even more inclined to read the book faster because I accidentally checked out a large print version from the library.  After going to the gym with it, I realized large print is so much easier to read while working out.  This mistake was both good for my waste-line and my reading!

No comments: