Sunday, August 16, 2009

Needed: A soundtrack for writing

On this sorta gloomy Sunday afternoon, I have sat down at my computer to begin writing the outline for one of the four chapters that I have to pen for my dissertation. The deadline: October 14th... not only do I have to write these chapters, but I also have to finish the lab work!

While writing, I am finding myself distracted by the silence that is our house. The dryer is humming in the background and the dog's tags jingle as he randomly roams the house looking for something interesting. I have settled on Lisa Hannigan to keep me company. But I am anticipating having endless hours of writing, and although I am not opposed to listening to songs over-and-over I'm going to need a soundtrack to keep me motivated and focused. I'm looking for something upbeat and calming (is that an oxymoron?). Any suggestions?

No comments: