Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Free Burger

On the weekend after my birthday my parents came into to town to celebrate. My dad brought another rain barrel that he made himself... it shamed my rain barrel! He also helped us with a few projects around the house.

In addition we spent Saturday morning at the Durham Farmer's Market, Scrap Exchange, and Southern Portico. Nathan had to coach his little league baseball team so for lunch my parents and I went to Red Robin. I had never been and we had a friend who told us about this great deal. If you go to Red Robin's website and sign up you will get a free $3 off coupon a few days after you sign up which can be used on anything. The only catch is it has to be used within 15 days. Also near your birthday you get emailed a coupon for a free gourmet burger and I have to say they were quite delicious. Nathan signed us up and I was able to use both my coupons at this outing. They have crazy burgers to choose from:
*Blackened Bayou burger - a burger topped with roasted red peppers, Angry Onions, Pepper-Jack cheese, Creole mustard sauce and cabbage-carrot mix on a jalapeƱo-cornmeal kaiser roll.
*Bleu Ribbon burger - a burger basted with a tangy steak sauce and topped with crumbled Bleu cheese. Served with onion straws, lettuce, tomatoes and zesty Chipotle mayo on an onion bun.
*Guacamole bacon burger - homemade, zesty guacamole and three strips of hickory-smoked bacon with melted Swiss cheese, onions, lettuce, tomatoes & mayo.
After lunch we spent almost 2 hours in Home Depot where my dad bought me my birthday present - a Dremel tool and we got all the needed supplies for the home projects. Following our outing we went home to cook for dinner and then we watched the awful slaughtering of UNC in the final four.

No comments: